The following integration courses are offered by the IfB (Institute for Education):
- General full-time classes (700 teaching units)
- Classes especially for women (1000 teaching units)
- Evening classes for employed people (700 teaching units)
- Classes for parents (1000 teaching units)
- Classes for young people (1000 teaching units)
- Crash courses (500 teaching units)
- Remedial courses / special classes (1000 teaching units)
- Weekend classes (700 teaching units)
The integration courses are promoted by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF).
Depending on the type, the course consists of several modular units.
Structure of a general integration course:
- Basic language course, 300 teaching units
- Advanced course, 300 teaching units
- Orientation course, 100 teaching units
Before taking part in our integration course, a grading test, in order to determine your current skills, is obligatory. The integration course ends in the final exam „German test for migrants“ (Deutschtest für Zuwanderer – DTZ) as well as in the national test of the orientation course (LID). By passing this test, you obtain the national „Certificate Integration Course“ (Zertifikat Integrationstest).
Succesfull participation in the final exam proves the language skills required for your naturalization.
The expenses for the integration course are standardised within Germany and amount to 2,20 Euro per teaching unit including a subsidy of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge – BAMF). For example 1540 Euros for an integration course consisting of 700 teaching units. Direct payers (those who have to pay for the course by themselves) have to expend 4,40 Euros per teaching unit. Participants passing the final exam can apply for a refund of expenses (50 % of the total costs) at the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF). For deceased repatriates and their relatives there are special arrangements . A full reimbursement is possible if you have got the required certificate.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be glad to advise you.
For detailed information about the different courses please contact our office and take a look at our schedule as well as our general terms and conditions (Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen – AGB’s).